My library blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What is in store...?

I keep thinking about the future of libraries...I do believe that there is a future, but it will all depend on what the public is willing to pay for...I don't believe they will be willing to fund a library that just keeps books and other media for the public...I truly think that our future is in how we can manage to use the technology available to our benefit and the benefit of the taxpayers...I think that our newer users and future taxpayers will be willing to fund a library that caters to what they enjoy doing...We will need to keep up with the times...That does not mean going out and purchasing all the latest fad technology...It means being willing to try new things and adapt what we can for the use of the public... It is not easy to keep up with the changes sometimes, but if we can have to foresight to see what is going to stick around longer and ignore the fads that fade, we should be able to have a long bright future...

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger HeleneB said...

wow! great thoughts. I agree, librries have a great future and it's imprtant to find new ways to remain relavent. :)

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Ian said...

exactly. the hard balance to find is between not missing what the public want, and not getting things the public don't need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home