My library blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Random thoughts

I am fairly new to blogger, but not to blogging...I have been on LJ for a year and a half. I have not posted regularly by any standards, but I have gotten better over the last year, and I do keep up with my friends journals and make the occasional comment...It has been great being able to do that..

I find myself comparing the two blog sites and how easy/user-friendly they are. There are good and bad points about both blogs, but I am leaning toward liking LJ better. Maybe it is because I am more familiar with it having used it longer, but I don't think so. I am still learning on both sites. I do think I like the editer on Blogger better, it has a usable spell-check that LJ does not have. Lj does have spell-check, it just isn't aseasy to correct the mispellings.

I am not used to having to use the HTML myself to put things into my account, but then I don't put up many links in my LJ account, it is more my ramblings on life and what is going on in the world (my world to be exact).

When I get right down to it, most of my friends are on LJ, so that is probably what makes it more appealing to me. I have put more effort into setting up the account and trying to stay active on it so I have a more vested interest in that account...I may keep this one up after this project is over, if only to keep up with all the neat people participating that continue afterwards. Only time will tell.

3 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Ian said...

the big advantage LJ has:

The friends page.

I use my livejournal more to keep up with people than to record my own thoughts usually.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Ian said...

that said, there is a lot of be said for having two blogs.

I plan to keep mine up as a professional blog, where I'm talking about work and being vaguely proper. That way I can confine my foul mouth and ranting to the personal lj one that my blog doesn't link to.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger MissKat said...

I have been having those same thoughts as I post my more rational thoughts here and my more off the wall, not quite proper stuff on my other one already. I guess that means we feel more free to express anything with our friends and less of that with coworkers which is probably as it should be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home