My library blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another day in Paradise...

I am always so excited when I go to a seminar about the future...Especially when they are hopeful about things that sometimes seem hopeless...This week was no exception....I am more hopeful about the future of libraries than I have been for a while...I need the ocasional burst of enthusiasm from outside sources to lift me up from the everyday doldrum...

I am still trying to figure out where I fit into the spectrum of the new library with some of my ideas about what a library should be...

A library is about books and always has been for me...That being said, I have used it for the Internet when my computer would not let me check my email for some otherwise unknown reasons...and the kids have gone to some of the storytimes, although not many as they are not fond of the crowds, and have plenty of things at home to read/do...

I love Technology and all the benefits that come with it...I have been working on and with computers since 1979...seems not likely, but have enjoyed my years both programming and having fun online...I liked putting up my own web site...

I am excited about where the future might lead...and where some of us will be going with it...I am hoping to see my place in the future soon...but as of yet, it is still fuzzy....

Maybe it is me, but I am happier when I have shown someone how to do something for themselves than if I did it for them...although, there are always those that it is just easier in the long run to do it yourself...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home